Quarantine Blog - Day 2

 



“All the things I'll never see

All the things I'll never be

All there is that's left for me

Is here in this eternity

Of isolation


The cavalcade, the jamboree

Of life, I thought was meant for me

I never dreamed that it would be

Replaced by this eternity

Of isolation


All the things I'll never see

All the things I'll never be

All my hopes are memory

All there is that's left for me

Is isolation” - Julian Barrett 


Well my first blog has more hits than there has been cases in Guernsey. Yes I am flexing hard here, so thank you for caressing my ego everyone who read it. Unfortunately this blog isn’t going to be nearly as interesting, because one of the most exciting events to happen to me during my 1st full day was finding all four corner pieces of a puzzle. So I do not mind if you wish to spend your time on something/anything more meaningful. Please play on your playstation, scroll through dog videos on Tik Tok, eat a quiche with a garden spade. Be my guest.


My brother has the misfortune to be spending the next fortnight sharing a bedroom with me for the first time since we were children. I still remember his night terrors at the age of 8 when he would scream out:


“MUM! CHRIS IS SINGING AT ME AGAIN!”


Would it be more of the same this time around? If you answered yes, then you are correct. As I awoke from my slumber I saw that his bed was in arms reach of mine, so I did what any loving sibling would do…I slapped him in the face. I then proceeded to sing ‘The Circle of Life” at him. Why this choice of music? Well at the bottom of my bed is a strange Gothic painting of a child staring intently at some menacing Giraffes, which has led me to create some strange narratives in my head, mainly involving a 12th century Child Detective investigating a Kenyan Drug Ring run by the infamous Giraffe gang, The Long Necker Charlatans.  


“Listen here Gregory! I don’t care if your calfs are stranded in the Chalbi Desert. I want to know where you’re selling this heroin! And I want to know before nap time!”


Once I’d finished my slow descent into insanity I got on with the rest of the day, which ranged from freezing my bollocks off in a pool to staring intensely at passers by to make them feel uncomfortable. Only 13 days to go Chris. 

At around 16:00 we started our impressions of Love Island:


“I’ve got a text!”


The anxious wait for our Covid test results was now over, one by one, all five us exclaimed:


“Negative”

“Negative”

“Negative”

“Negative”

“…..uhhhhh, still haven’t got one.”


I’ve still not got my own results. Am I positive? Am I dying? Am I nothing? Time will tell. 


The rest of our day 1 was spent like we were still in the UK, we drank excessively, ate takeaway food and had a zoom quiz. After which I was entrusted with the music choice for the speakers, they weren’t ready for this new shit. Somehow between games of Euchre, Ride the Bus and just neck your drink like you’re a student again, it was 2am. And the day was done. This is going to be longgggggggggggggggggggggggggg. I’m even bored about writing about it, I may have to write about something other than my day to remain remotely interested. My temporary housemates are all currently working from home with their UK jobs, while I’m stuck to find more to fill my weekdays while they are busy. So I’m now anointed Earlswood House pool boy, and I take my job seriously, that pool is going to be immaculate.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Blog - Day 1

The Guernsey Lockdown Blog

Quarantine Blog - Day 10